Online Television Production And Editing Degrees
Anyone interested in breaking into the television or film industries can get a head start by earning an online degree in television production and editing. These degrees offer students a comprehensive look at what goes on behind the scenes as well as what it takes to turn raw footage into a spectacular television show.
Discover more about online television production and editing degrees, what careers are available to graduates and the perks of online study.Read More ⇣
Compare These Accredited Colleges For Online Television Production And Editing Degrees...
Showing schools in your area
- Located in Hollywood, CA, offering degrees in film, music production, business, animation and more.
- Scholarship, financial aid and military benefits are available for students who qualify.
- Programs taught by award-winning industry professionals in real-world working environments.
- Features industry-standard facilities including recording studios, soundstages, green screen, movie theatres and more.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Their institutional scholarship is available to students who qualify.
- Campus features a Creative lab, where students may learn and get practice using industry standard hardware and software.
- Programs and courses include training in game development, graphic design, interior design, marketing and merchandising for fashion, and more.
- Provides career placement services including an online resume building tool, portfolio assistance, and interview skill development.
- Operates out of a modern, state-of-the-art studio space in the heart of downtown Toronto overlooking Dundas Square.
- Provides students with access to industry-standard equipment and resources, such as green screens and cameras.
- Offers specialized assistance services for international students, including housing support and peer tutoring.
- A part of the RCC Institute of Technology group of schools.
- Faculty and alumni are regular credited and involved in films at the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF).
- 2 campuses located in Dundas and Steeles in Toronto, Ontario.
Regent University is one of the nation’s leading academic centers for Christian thought and action.
Founded in 1978, Regent University’s 11,000 students are studying on its 70-acre campus in Virginia Beach, Va., and online around the world. The university offers associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees from a Christian perspective in more than 135 program areas including business, communication and the arts, cybersecurity and technology, divinity, education, government, law, leadership, nursing and healthcare, and psychology. Regent University has consistently placed as one of the top colleges in the state of Virginia and, currently, Regent University tops the list of Best Online Bachelor’s Programs in Virginia and is ranked among top national universities by U.S. News & World Report. Along with our commitment to academic excellence, what sets Regent apart is our mission to prepare men and women to excel both in mind and spirit. Our students, faculty and administrators share a calling, founded on biblical principles, to make a significant difference in our world.
- Online Courses
What Students Can Learn
The primary objective of a television production and editing degree is to help students understand more about the television industry, how to secure jobs after graduation and how to produce, create and edit commercial television.
To reach that goal, the typical curriculum for a bachelor's degree in television production and editing may include courses in subjects such as mass communication, media arts, audio production, graphics, television lighting, post-production editing techniques, camera operation and television directing.
By covering a wide range of subjects, students will be exposed to every aspect of television production, and they will be prepared to choose a career that best fits their skills and passions.
Students can expect to take roughly 40 classes over four years, resulting in a completed 120 credits, in order to earn their bachelor's degree in television production and editing.
Careers for Graduates
Graduates who have earned an online bachelor's degree in television production and editing will be able to choose from a wide variety of potential careers.
Those that enjoy hands-on work may want to become camera operators or on-set sound technicians. Graduates who are more interested in overseeing the television show from every aspect could go on to become producers or managers.
Students with writing talents may choose to create the scripts for popular television shows, and those with computer skills may want to tackle careers such as film editor.
Other career possibilities for graduates with a degree in television production and editing can include production coordinator, production assistant, talent coordinator, network producer, or script editor.
Requirements for Applicants
Before students can begin classes for their online television production and editing degree, they will need to formally apply for their chosen program, get accepted and then enroll.
The application process varies from college to college, but most schools will only accept students who have graduated from high school or have the equivalent of a general education degree.
Additional requirements might include specific ACT or SAT scores, recommendations or a certain grade point average.
Perks of Studying Online
Some of the advantages of earning an online degree in television production and editing include lower expenses along with convenience and flexibility.
Instead of quitting a full-time job or hiring caretakers for family, online students can stick to their current schedule and fit exams, live streaming lectures and studying around their other priorities. Plus, no commutes and parking might meal lower expenses overall.
Understanding more about online television production and editing degrees can prepare students for an exciting program that can lead to a number of lucrative and fulfilling career opportunities.