Online Leadership Certificates
Whether you work in the health care industry, in education or even in business, you will probably have a manager or overseer who ensures that individuals are doing their jobs correctly. These leaders are necessary not only to give direction, but also to encourage morale among staff and create a friendly atmosphere where productivity can be high.
If you already have a degree or work experience, but you want to get ahead in your career with a leadership position, then consider earning an online certificate in leadership.Read More ⇣
Compare These Accredited Colleges For Online Leadership Certificates...
Showing schools in your area
- Instructors are industry-experienced professionals who offer their real-world expertise and give you insight into the current job market.
- Offers career placement assistance, helping students prepare their resume, conduct job searches, and find employment after graduation.
- Class sizes range from 10-25 students at a time allowing for more one-on-one instruction.
- Curriculum developed and based on input from professionals in the areas of business, education, healthcare, art and design, legal studies, and various trades.
- 6 campus locations across British Columbia.
- Has been one of the leading career training institutions in Canada for over 40 years.
- Gives students the chance to complete a career-focused program in a matter of months.
- Offers programs in healthcare, business, and technology.
- Emphasizes hands-on training with practical projects.
- Works with industry specialists to create relevant, up-to-date programs.
- Offers flexible schedule options— students can choose between day and evening classes.
- Admits students throughout the year with quarterly start dates in January, April, July, and September.
- Provides faculty-monitored internships or job-related assignments.
- Offers associate and bachelor degree programs in business, design, health, plus certificate programs in practical nurse, medical assistant, and more.
- Preparing students for professional and personal success since 1931.
- $47+ million in Berkeley College institutional aid was provided to qualified students during the 2018-2019 award year.
- 7,000+ students, including more than 350 international students representing over 50 countries
- 3,000+ students took at least one online class in fall 2017
- Best Online Programs for Veterans, 2014-2020 – U.S. News & World Report
- Berkeley College ranked first in its category in Overall Mobility Index, 2017 – The New York Times
- Best Online Bachelor’s Programs, 2014-2020 – U.S. News & World Report
- USDLA/Quality Standards Certification, 2013-2017 – United States Distance Learning Association
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
These courses, many of which can be completed in just weeks, will give you the skills and confidence needed to take on new roles in the workplace. Read on for information on what you can expect to study while earning this certificate, reasons to pursue this certificate, how online education can save time and money and even the prerequisites for the certificate.
Typical Curriculum For a Certificate in Leadership
The goal of a certificate in leadership will be to prepare students to be critical thinkers, weigh alternatives and make decisions in a hurry, be innovative and encourage the productivity and efficiency of staff around you.
With these goals in mind, a typical certificate in leadership program will include courses like the dynamics of organizations, business negotiating, leadership skills, business communication, workforce development and intercultural management. Unlike an undergraduate degree, a certificate focuses only on the core-related subjects, so there are no general education or elective classes typically included in the program.
Reasons to Pursue a Certificate in Leadership
There are a number of reasons that individuals from all walks of life, experience levels and industries decide to pursue certificates online in the field of leadership. This certificate can help you to increase your earning potential, receive a promotion, switch into a new industry or even do your job better. Many individuals would love to take on greater responsibility in the workplace, but they simply don't have the skills needed to lead others, oversee large groups and make decisions quickly.
More than anything else, this certificate in leadership will give you the confidence you need to succeed, take risks and prove yourself to upper management. If you want to transition from an entry level position to a more advanced management position, this qualification can be just what you need to get ahead.
How Online Education Can Save Time and Money
Many potential students are surprised to learn just how much time, money and hassle they can save by pursuing their certificates online rather than in a traditional college campus setting. Instead of attending lectures on campus at preset times, students pursuing an online certificate can actually listen to lectures whenever they have time, study whenever it fits into their schedule and even take exams whenever it suits them. By avoiding long commutes and having the opportunity to study from home, you will undoubtedly save yourself a lot of time as well as expense.
Prerequisites for a Certificate in Leadership
It is important to note that the prerequisites for an online certificate in leadership will differ greatly from school to school. However, most institutes simply ask that students are over the age of 18 and can commit to the entire course. While it will be incredible useful if you have already earned an undergraduate degree and you have some work experience, it is not required by most colleges and schools.
Leadership does not come naturally for everyone. If you want to advance your career, open up more employment opportunities or simply be a more effective leader, then an online leadership certificate may be the perfect solution for you.
Explore the principles of leadership, theory, and critical thinking that you can immediately apply to your current professional environment. Find the accredited online program that best fits your needs and get started today.