Online Human Services Degrees
There are a number of different degrees and programs available in the study of human services. Students can pursue an associate degree, a bachelor's degree, a master's degree and even a Ph.D.
Although it is possible to study general human services, there is also the option to study a specific area of the field like human services administration, human services in health and wellness or applied behavioral sciences.Read More ⇣
Compare These Accredited Colleges For Online Human Services Degrees...
Showing schools in your area
- Has been one of the leading career training institutions in Canada for over 40 years.
- Gives students the chance to complete a career-focused program in a matter of months.
- Offers programs in healthcare, business, and technology.
- Emphasizes hands-on training with practical projects.
- Works with industry specialists to create relevant, up-to-date programs.
- Offers flexible schedule options— students can choose between day and evening classes.
- Offers career placement assistance, helping students prepare their resume, conduct job searches, and find employment after graduation.
- Class sizes range from 10-25 students at a time allowing for more one-on-one instruction.
- Provides diploma programs in business, healthcare, legal administration, and art & design.
- Instructors are industry-experienced professionals whose offer real-world expertise and insight into the current job market.
- 5 campus locations across the Alberta province in Canada.
Some of the courses you can expect to take while earning your degree in human services include counseling, understanding the family dynamic, management, office organizational skills and data analysis. Each of the available degrees in human services can be pursued online through several accredited online colleges.
Benefits of Studying Human Services Online
By studying for your degree in human services online, you can save time, avoid lengthy commutes and enjoy more time with the people that you love. Since traveling to and from a college campus multiple times each week can take up hours and take you away from your home and your family, many students prefer to earn their degrees online.
You will simply need to log into the college's network to watch prerecorded lectures, chat with your fellow classmates online about an upcoming exam or even email your professors for advice and guidance. Unlike with a traditional set class schedule, you can fit the curriculum around your family life, your plans and your own personal needs.
Careers in Human Services
The number of jobs available to graduates in the human services field is booming and will continue to grow, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics in the United States. Those with an associate degree might pursue entry level positions as a nursing aide or a community outreach member in a church or public facility. With a bachelor's degree, you might decide to work in corrections rehabilitation, as a case manager or in administration within a public health or human services organization. To find the highest paying jobs as child welfare workers or therapists, a master's degree will be necessary. A doctorate is typically only required to teach human services or to pursue research positions in the field.
Attributes of Successful Individuals in This Field
Those who will be most successful in the world of human services have an outgoing personality, are committed to helping others, have the ability to work with a diverse group of people, have excellent communication skills and are driven by results rather than profits. Ultimately, those who find success and fulfillment in human services are those who enjoy what they do each day and thrive off of being able to help others less fortunate than themselves.
A human services degree can be your ticket to a stable and satisfying career. Consider earning an online degree in order to find the job of your dreams in human services.
Discover the advantages of online learning. You can earn the degree you want and continue to maintain your current responsibilities. Today's online education is designed to give you the flexibility and convenience necessary to keep your life going while advancing your education and career opportunities.