Online Doctor of Business Degrees
Many of the most successful employees enjoying lucrative careers in business decide that they want to pursue the highest academic achievement possible. The doctoral degree is a lengthy program, but it is one that opens a number of doors for advancement, higher salaries, prestige and new career opportunities.
If you already hold a master's degree, or if you have extensive experience in business and want to reach new heights in your career, then the next logical step is the doctorate program. Keep reading to learn more about the doctorate in business, the prerequisites for this degree program, the career opportunities for graduates and why it might be a great choice to earn your business doctorate online rather than in a traditional college setting.Read More ⇣
Compare These Accredited Colleges For Online Doctor of Business Degrees...
- Bridge (Doctor of Business Administration with an Emphasis in Data Analytics)
- Bridge (Doctor of Business Administration with an Emphasis in Marketing)
- D.B.A. with an Emphasis in Marketing - Quantitative Research
- D.B.A. with an Emphasis in Marketing - Qualitative Research
- D.B.A. with an Emphasis in Management - Quantitative Research
- D.B.A. with an Emphasis in Data Analytics - Quantitative Research
- D.B.A. with an Emphasis in Data Analytics - Qualitative Research
- D.B.A. with an Emphasis in Management - Qualitative Research
- Doctor of Business Administration (D.B.A.) - Social Impact Management
- PhD in Management - General (Completion track)
- Doctor of Business Administration (D.B.A.) - Energy Management
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) - General
- Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) - Communication
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) - General (Fast Track)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) - Social Entrepreneurship & Innovation
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) - Self-Designed
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) - Healthcare Management - Tempo Learning®
- Associate of Science in Professional Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Safety Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Dual Credit
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - General Business
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Contract Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Doctor of Business Administration
Understanding the Doctor of Business Degree
Like most doctoral programs, the doctorate of business is a lengthy course that can take anywhere from five to eight years to complete. It will prepare students to work at the peak of the business industry as financial advisers or business consultants, and it can bring graduates very high salaries. The course begins with roughly two years of classes, many of which will go over economic principles and examine case studies of successful and failing businesses over time.
After this section of the degree program, students will need to take a comprehensive exam to show their knowledge of the material. The next step is the process of researching, and later writing a dissertation on, a business-related subject of the student's choosing. This dissertation may take several years to complete, and it will need to be presented and defended to a certified academic board.
Prerequisites for the Degree Program
In order to be a candidate for a doctoral program in business, you will first need to have a master's degree in a related field, have proven knowledge and experience in business and have written references from successful business academics or practicing business employees who can attest to your skill and knowledge in the field. In some cases, you might also need to submit a written application that details your experience, your areas of interest and why you want to pursue an advanced degree like the doctorate.
Career Opportunities for Successful Graduates
Upon graduation, most graduates with a doctor of business will turn to one of two careers. The first group will turn to academics, teaching business at the college level or even doing detailed research in the area of their dissertation, either for publishing or for think tank projects.
The second group will head back into business in order to take up the highest positions as board members of large organizations and financial or business consultants for high salaries. Some of these top business positions might also include that of operations manager, chief financial officer or management specialist.
Benefits of Online Study at the Doctoral Level
While there are countless reasons to choose online learning over attending a traditional college campus program at any level, reasons like convenience and flexibility are even more obvious at the advanced degree level. Students pursuing a doctor of business often already hold down important full time jobs and have families, so the ability to study whenever it is most convenient is a huge advantage. After the first two years of courses, doctoral students are also permitted to take as long as necessary with their dissertation, something that busy individuals will appreciate.
In order to reach the pinnacle of success in the business world, you will often need a degree like the doctor of business. If this is something you are considering, learn more about the available programs through one of the many accredited online colleges that offer relevant courses.
Find the program that's right for you. Take your career to the ultimate level with a PhD in Business from a highly regarded, accredited online college or university.