Online Database Technology Degrees
In today's world, it can be challenging to secure a true career without some kind of education. Even if you have experience and training in the field, you won't be able to enjoy the same earning potential or promotions as someone with a bachelor's degree.
If you're ready to secure your future and begin a new career in the computer science and information technology industries, a great place to start is with an online bachelor's degree in database technology. Uncover what this degree consists of, what you'll need to be accepted into a bachelor's degree program, why an online degree is a smart choice and what you can look forward to after graduation.Read More ⇣
Compare These Accredited Colleges For Online Database Technology Degrees...
Showing schools in your area
- Has been one of the leading career training institutions in Canada for over 40 years.
- Gives students the chance to complete a career-focused program in a matter of months.
- Offers programs in healthcare, business, and technology.
- Emphasizes hands-on training with practical projects.
- Works with industry specialists to create relevant, up-to-date programs.
- Offers flexible schedule options— students can choose between day and evening classes.
- Remington College designs its programs in a way that lets you earn a diploma or degree in as little time as possible. Choose from: Beauty, Business, Culinary Arts, Electronics, Graphic Design, Healthcare, Information Technology, Legal & Criminal Justice and Skilled Trades.
- As a non-profit school that specializes in career-oriented technical education, Remington College stays committed to providing relevant diploma and degree programs.
- We hire faculty members who have worked in the field you’re studying. This means that what you learn in class won’t just be out of a book; you’ll get the benefit of your instructors’ industry experience, insights, and first-hand knowledge.
- At Remington College, we get to know you as an individual – how you get to and from school, your work schedule and availability, and your goals after graduation.
- Remington College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the U.S. Department of Education.
- 13 campuses across the United States, with online options as well.
- Online Courses
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2017 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Listed amongst the Best for Vets Colleges by Military Times 2 years in a row
- Offers a network of technologically advanced campuses and online degree programs designed to provide a unique higher education.
- 5 campuses located across Colorado.
- For important information about the educational debt, earnings, and completion rates of students who attended these programs, go to: www.coloradotech.edu/disclosures.
Typical Curriculum For a Degree in Database Technology
In the field of database technology, most employers look for potential employees that have at least a bachelor's degree. For that reason, going straight for the four-year bachelor's degree in database technology is often the best place to start. During the course of this degree program, the majority of courses in your curriculum will relate directly to the major, although you will have some freedom when it comes to selecting electives.
However, expect the bulk of the degree to be subjects like computer programming, software development, web development, data mining, data warehousing and of different career opportunities that you will be eligible to pursue. Some of the most popular job titles for graduates in the field include data analyst, database administrator, computer network administrator and computer systems administrator. With average salaries in database security.
Prerequisite for Enrollment in a Degree Program
In order to be eligible for enrollment into a bachelor's degree program in database technology, you will need to meet a handful of requirements that are set by the college you want to attend. These are not the same at every educational facility, but they will typically include having a high school diploma, being over the age of 18 and having suitable grade point averages, SAT scores or ACT scores. Exceptions can be made, but particularly competitive and highly-ranked colleges have a much tougher admissions process.
Advantages of an Online Database Technology Degree
The bulk of what you'll study while earning a degree in database technology will involve computers. For that reason, it should be no surprise that many students want to skip the commute to a college classroom altogether and focus on the material from their own computers at home.
As long as you have a laptop or desktop computer available to use along with an Internet connection, you can complete the course materials, watch lectures live, participate in group online discussions or take your exams from whatever location is most convenient and comfortable for you.
Career Opportunities in the Field
After graduating with a degree in database technology, there are a number the field averaging $79,000, many of these positions can be financially rewarding as well as interesting.
Through an accredited online college, you can get started on your bachelor's degree in database technology, which can prepare you for an exciting new career.