- Human Resources$76,000
- Human Resources Managers
- Training And Development Managers
- Human Resources Specialists
- Labor Relations Specialists
Get an Online Degree in Human Resources
Human resources is a vital part of every large corporation, business, charity and governmental organization. If there are employees and employers, there will need to be a liaison that helps the two parties to better understand one another, get along well, deal with any problems that crop up and increase productivity and happiness in the workplace.
Since it is such an important aspect of any business, there will continue to be a growing demand for human resources personnel in every field.
Whether you want to work in healthcare, politics, the legal world or business, a degree in human resources can help land you a stable and lucrative position. Keep reading for everything you need to know about degrees in human resources.
Choosing a Degree Type in the Field of Human Resources
Those who want to earn a degree in human resources will need to choose between an associate degree, a bachelor's degree, a master's degree and even a doctorate. It is important to note that human resources jobs almost always require some kind of certification or degree, even for entry level positions.
If you want to begin working in the field as soon as possible, an associate degree in human resources can be earned in as little as 18 months online. Bachelor's degrees will take four years on average to complete, and master's degrees an additional two years. Remember that many of these online degrees can be earned as you work, allowing you to advance your career on all fronts.
Sample Online Human Resources Degree Course Curriculum
Every human resources degree will differ slightly depending on the college or university you attend and the degree level you are pursuing. However, most human resources degrees will focus on the same few areas of study.
You will typically study such subjects as communications, advanced writing, human psychology, basic business policies, union studies and labor laws. Essentially, you will need to understand what employees can expect from a safe workplace as well as what employers can expect from hardworking staff.
Certain human resources degrees at the advanced level will have a specific focus to enable them to better work in areas like healthcare, business, politics or even law.
Reasons to Choose Online Programs To Earn Your College Degree
Once students have decided to pursue a degree in human resources, they will need to select between a traditional college campus and an online university. While there are advantages and disadvantages to both, most individuals agree that online studies are the more flexible, convenient and affordable option.
Rather than commuting daily to a brick and mortar campus and spending money on gas, you can study from anywhere in the world that has a computer and an Internet connection. In addition, the costs of online degrees can often be less expensive than traditional college degrees. This is because online colleges don't have as many upkeep costs, landscaping expenses and staff salaries as traditional colleges do, so students can reap the benefits of lower tuition costs overall.
Attributes of Successful Human Resources Leaders
The most prominent and successful leaders in the field of human resources have excellent communication skills, are very diplomatic, are hard working and can get along well with many different types of people. Since you will need to clearly express the needs of staff and employers to one another, it is vital that you can communicate well in writing as well as verbally. Diplomacy is also important as that will keep different groups from getting upset, quitting or not being satisfied with the work environment.
Human resources is a growing field that can never be replaced by machinery or outsourced. Online human resources degrees can prepare you for a career in this exciting industry.
Earn a degree that makes an immediate impact on your career. Find out how you can begin today to pave the way for career advancement by earning your degree online. Accredited Online Colleges and Universities provide the programs that fit your busy professional lifestyle while allowing you to reach your career and educational goals.
Discover Great Possibilities in Human Resources Careers
Behind every successful business or organization is an efficient human resources department. Taking care of employees is the best way to increase job retention and decrease turnover. If you're a people person with quality communications skills, there are a vast number of job opportunities in human resources for you to consider.
Compare These Top-Rated Accredited Colleges For Online Human Resources Degrees...
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- View More Online Schools
About Grand Canyon University
About Keiser University
For over 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, quality career education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions.
About Kaplan University
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
About Virginia College
Virginia College continues the tradition ofgiving lives new direction, fulfilling our mission statement tostudents wherever they live and offering the chance to pursue adegree while maintaining commitments to work and family.
About Northcentral University
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
About Regent University
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
About Liberty University
Pioneering distance education since 1985, Liberty University is now the nation’s seventh largest university. With more than 300 online and residential areas of study, Liberty offers programs from the certificate to doctoral level.