Get a Degree in Early Childhood Education Online
Working with children is a noble and satisfying way to earn a living. Children need guidance, knowledge and compassion in order to be shaped into adults that can make a difference in the world and succeed in life.
If you have a desire to work with children of elementary age or below, then you might be the perfect candidate for online early childhood education degrees.
This guide details some of the careers available in early childhood education, how to succeed in the field and how to choose the perfect degree type that meets your needs and career goals.
Uncover Career Opportunities in Childhood Education
There are countless career possibilities for those who hold a degree in early childhood education. The most obvious career path is that of a kindergarten or elementary school teacher, but other careers are also available. Some of the most popular include preschool teachers, staff for after-school programs, daycare leaders, nannies, tutors, elementary school administrators or principals and even summer camp counselors.
Each of these careers works directly with young children and helps them to better understand the world around them. Many of these positions are salaried, but a number also offer freelance work and flexible schedules. Whether you want to pursue a full time job as a state employed elementary school teacher or earn extra money as a qualified and licensed caregiver in the home, an early education degree can give you the credentials you need to succeed.
Attributes of Great Childhood Educators
The very best educators of children have a kind heart, knowledge on a range of different subjects, the willingness to help others, great communication skills and plenty of patience. There can be no denying the fact that working with young children, especially those with disabilities, is challenging and can even be exhausting. However, this kind of work is immensely rewarding for educators.
Although there are several perks to this kind of career including long summer vacations and health benefits, only those with a strong desire to work with children every day should contemplate this type of work.
Types of Early Childhood Education Degrees Offered
Early childhood degrees are offered at the associate, bachelor's and master's level for interested students.
Associate degrees can be earned online in as little as 18 months and prepare students for careers as teaching aides, summer camp counselors, after-school leaders or a special needs helper for individual students within the public school system.
A bachelor's degree will take twice as long to complete, but it will open more doors for employment including positions such as school administrators and classroom teachers.
The most advanced degree, the master's degree in early childhood education, requires a bachelor's degree as a prerequisite and takes an additional two years to complete. With this degree, you can pursue any job in the field of early childhood education, even higher management positions.
Reasons to Consider Online Degrees
If you are planning to earn a degree in early childhood education but you aren't sure about earning an online degree, remember that online programs are more flexible, allow you to work and study at the same time and can even be more affordable.
Many students who are currently earning their early childhood education degrees online are still able to hold down full time jobs and take care of their families. If you want to advance your career but can't afford to quit your job and attend college as a full time student, an online degree is the perfect solution.
If you want to work with children in an educational setting, consider earning an online degree in early childhood education today. The market is growing and new positions are opening up every day in the field.
Degrees in early childhood education are available online on the associate, bachelor and masters degree levels. One of society's most vital responsibilities is the care and education of young children. If you are interested in contributing to shaping the early education of young children today, thus having a positive effect upon the future generations of tomorrow, find out the many options available to you online to earn your degree in early childhood education from an accredited online college or university.
Compare These Top-Rated Accredited Colleges For Online Early Childhood Education...
- Want to be a Teacher or Educational Administrator? Learn why GCU could be the best place to start! Here's why:
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate education programs, including TESOL, early childhood ed, elementary ed, secondary ed & more.
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both. We also offer evening classes!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Financial Options: Numerous financing options available, including scholarships for academic achievement.
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- M.S. in Early Childhood Studies - Teaching Adults in the Early Childhood Field
- Ed.S. in Early Childhood - General Program
- M.S. in Early Childhood Studies - Early Childhood Public Policy and Advocacy
- Doctor of Education - Early Childhood Education
- M.S. in Early Childhood Studies - Teaching and Diversity in Early Childhood Education
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- View More Online Schools
About Grand Canyon University
About Post University
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education. That’s why we offer a wide range of quality Certificate, Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in a highly interactive online format that emphasizes flexibility, convenience, and support. Whichever program you choose, you can take classes in 8-week modules, six times a year from faculty members with advanced degrees and extensive real-world experience. You’ll also enjoy access to a full array of academic support services, including advising, tutoring, writing center assistance, and our virtual library at no additional charge.
About Northcentral University
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
About Liberty University
Pioneering distance education since 1985, Liberty University is now the nation’s seventh largest university. With more than 300 online and residential areas of study, Liberty offers programs from the certificate to doctoral level.
About Kaplan University - KHE
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
About Capella University
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession. Our competency-based curriculum delivers foundational knowledge and real-world skills, so what you’re learning is immediately applicable to your career. We serve more than 36,000 students from the U.S. and around the world and offer more than 140 graduate and undergraduate specializations and 20 certificate programs.
About Walden University
Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Submit the form to learn how you can make a change and advance your career.
Study online with California University of Pennsylvania. We offer certificate and bachelor's and master's degree programs in a wide variety of fields that can be completed 100% online.