- Accountants And Auditors
- Budget Analysts
- Financial Analysts
- Personal Financial Advisors
- Tax Examiners And Collectors
- Revenue Agents
- Tax Preparers
- Financial Specialists
- All Other
- Auditing Clerks
- Business Management$101,000
- General And Operations Managers
- Advertising And Promotions Managers
- Marketing Managers
- Sales Managers
- Administrative Services Managers
- Computer And Information Systems Managers
- Financial Managers
- Industrial Production Managers
- Purchasing Managers
- Healthcare Administration$89,000
- Medical And Health Services Managers
- Advertising And Promotions Managers
- Marketing Managers
- Sales Managers
- Market Research Analysts And Marketing Specialists
Online Business Degrees Help Improve Your Hiring Opportunities
In the world of business, qualifications and education are vital in order to secure employment in most large companies and corporations. Whether you want to get ahead in your current business position, you want to break into the business industry or you want to pursue new challenges in finance or economics, certain business degrees can be incredibly helpful.
Use this guide to get a better understanding of the various types of online business degrees available as well as how they can help you to get ahead.
Associate Degrees in Business
The most basic degree available in business is the associate degree. This is a two year program that can be completed online. While it is possible to pursue an associate degree in a range of different majors and subjects, those who are specifically interested in business should pursue an associate degree in a field like marketing, entrepreneurship, business management or economics. Upon graduation, students who hold an associate degree in one of these business-related subjects will have ample opportunity to find entry-level positions with stability and high salaries. Graduates can also choose to add on additional courses and turn their associate degree in business into a bachelor's degree over time.
Bachelor's Degrees in Business
This advanced academic degree is one that takes an average of four years to complete and can be added on to an existing associate degree or pursued right out of high school. Bachelor degrees are either a B.A., or Bachelor of Arts, or a B.S., or Bachelor of Science. The most popular bachelor's degree for those interested in business is the B.S. in Business Administration. Students who pursue an online business degree typically have the option of choosing a specialty to focus on. They might opt for international business, marketing, accounting or management.
Master's Degrees in Business
One of the highest available degrees in the business field is the master's degree. This academic degree is an advanced program that is above a bachelor's degree. While it typically takes one or two years to complete in a traditional campus setting, students studying online often have the option to study the material and take exams at their own pace. The most popular master's degree in this field is the MBA, or Master's of Business Administration. Paired with business work experience, those who hold an MBA are candidates for nearly any business position available today.
Choosing a Specialty
Those who pursue a degree in business at any level will typically need to choose a specialty to focus on. While general business degrees are certainly available, it is more helpful for your future career to have additional education in a specific area like international communications, marketing or accounting. This will ensure that you find a job that you truly enjoy after graduation. If you can't decide on a specific focus for your online business degree, then speak to your online adviser or ask yourself what kind of career you would like to pursue in the future.
Advantages of Online Learning
Earning business degrees online is much more convenient, affordable and flexible than earning the same degree in a traditional campus setting. Instead of having to commute daily and stick to a specific class schedule, you can complete the work and even take exams whenever it is most convenient for you. This allows students to work full time and still pursue a degree in business.
If you want to have a higher earning potential, find a challenging new career or just be promoted in your current field, you might want to pursue online business degrees. Whether you want to find an entry level position in a large corporation or even start your own business, these degrees can be the key to your success.
Your familiarity with online applications, e-commerce, and computer technology will make you a sharper and more attractive candidate. Not to mention that online business degrees are much more manageable given the flexibility, lack of commuting, and relative freedom associated with Internet based distance learning.
Different Types of Online Business Degrees
Business is a huge field that offers many different paths to perspective entrepreneurs, investors, market analysts, accountants, and business administrators. You can earn an associate, bachelor, masters, or even doctorate degree in fields ranging from accounting to marketing to retail management.
Job Opportunities with an Online Business Degree
To be successful in the business world, you must be educated and connected. Online programs that provide business training can fill both of these needs. Employers will respect the fact that you have achieved a certain level of mastery in your particular business-related field, and your network of peers, alumni, and professors will make it much easier to secure employment, financial backing, and business opportunities.
Interestingly enough, there is no set path after earning a business degree. Some work for large firms, others start their own companies, and still others work in academia or legislation. If you have any interest in generating profit, setting policy, or completing large scale projects, it is worth exploring how an online business degree can help you reach your goal.
E-Learning and You - Increase Your Salary - Advance Your Career
Upgrading your education through e-learning can mean more money and more job security for a more stable future. It can pay to educate yourself, and e-learning programs make education easier than ever to attain.
What Company Doesn't Need a Good Operations Manager? How You Can Have the Competitive Edge
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics lists general and operations managers as having one the largest numerical job growths expected over the next decade. Take advantage of online education opportunities with accredited online colleges and universities and jump start your operations management career.
Compare These Top-Rated Accredited Colleges For Online Business Degrees...
- Specialized, industry-current knowledge and skills for goal-oriented professionals.
- Curricula based upon complex, real-world situations that can challenge you to organize, research and solve problems.
- Innovative programs designed to help you maximize your current knowledge and fast track the pace of your achievements.
- Supportive community of students, educators, mentors and successful professionals ready to welcome you. Are You In?
- Within 6 months of graduation, over 90% of new graduates land jobs in their fields of study.
- Offers an $18k College Completer Scholarship for transferring students who meet requirements.
- All professors hold advanced degrees, many with MBAs and PhDs.
- Classes start every 8 weeks, and curriculum is updated regularly with input from industry leaders.
- More than 85% of students receive financial aid in the form of scholarships and grants.
- Accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (HLC/NCA).
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Business Programs and Education Programs in 2015 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Financial aid is available for students who quality, with more than $1,000,000 through 10 scholarships.
- Offers 24/7 student services, including financial aid help, course registration, and career counseling.
- Students may opt in for a two week, risk-free trial period.
- Active-duty military, veterans, and Veteran’s Administration employees can save 15% on tuition.
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- View More Online Schools
About DeVry University
About Walden University
Earn Your Degree from U.S. News & World Report-Ranked Florida Tech – 100% Online
Grounded in a tradition of excellence since 1958, a degree from Florida Tech puts you in good company. With a longstanding reputation of unmatched academics, Florida Tech has educated NASA scientists, CEOs of Fortune 500 companies and highly decorated military generals. Join distinguished alumni and empower yourself with a career-building degree that employers value.
About Grand Canyon University
About Kaplan University
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
About ITT Technical Institute
About Capella University
Capella combines outstanding academics with a supportive faculty and staff in a program designed for working adults.
An education that blends theory and practice to fuel your career