Improve Your Career Options By Earning An Associate Degree Online
An associate degree is an academic degree given to individuals who complete a two year college program in a traditional classroom or through an online program. These programs normally consist of 60 credits and typically take four semesters of full time study to complete.
There are three options for your two year degree program.
You can choose to earn an Associate of Arts, an Associate of Science or an Associate of Applied Science degree. Each vary slightly, but all consist of the same number of credits. After graduation, you will have solid credentials and qualifications that can help you to begin a career in your field of study.
Deciding Between an Associate Degree and a Bachelor Degree
Essentially, a bachelor degree has twice as many required courses and credits than its associate counterpart. While a four year bachelor degree will help you to find a number of careers after graduation, the expense of tuition and serious time commitment may discourage you from going to college.
Fortunately, there is an option for those who are unsure about committing to a four year program. By pursuing an online associate degree for two years, you can give yourself greater options for the future and earn your degree while you maintain your current job.
After graduation from a two year program you may want to begin working full time in a new career, or you can opt to continue your education and build onto your associate education in order to turn it into a complete bachelor's degree.
Increase Your Earning Potential with an Associate Degree
The two ways to increase your earning potential in any field is to improve your qualifications and gain experience. Unfortunately, no individual can gain experience any faster that time allows. You can, however, head back to school to earn a college degree, increase your knowledge and brush up on your skills.
If you are stuck in a job that does not have potential for a salary increase or promotion, you might feel frustrated. The only way to improve your situation is to improve yourself by furthering your education, and online learning is the most convenient, flexible way to earn your college degree.
Higher qualifications will show your boss and potential employers that you are serious about your career, that you have motivation and that you want to succeed.
Online Degrees Can Help You Reach Your Goals Faster
Earning a higher education degree is the most logical path toward improving your career options, to earn more money, find a better job and enjoy stability in your career. However, it can be a challenge to decide what area to study and what type of degree to earn.
Often working adults realize that earning a degree would be beneficial in developing a better career, but they feel they just do not have the time to pursue a college degree. The best advantage of exploring the options to earn a college degree online is that most anyone determined to advance their education can incorporate online learning into their busy lives.
If you know you want to earn a certification, associate or bachelor degree, but you don't want to spend several years attending a traditional college degree program, consider the advantages of earning an online degree.
Job Opportunities with an Associate Degree
An associate degree demonstrates to employers that you have attained a certain level of mastery in a very specific area. Whether as a stand-alone certification or a degree that supplements your pre-existing educational qualifications, an associate degree can help you secure more positions and advance much faster than those who lack comparable certification. Given the ease, flexibility, and costs of earning an online associate degree, it makes a lot of sense to begin researching your options now.
Online Associates Degrees
Earn an online associate degree from an accredited online college. Find out how you can earn an online degree from the comfort of your own home. Accredited Online Colleges lists the top universities offering online degrees.
How to Find Financial Aid for Online Colleges and Online Degrees
Earning an online degree is a great way to get the training and qualifications you need to get ahead in life. These days most top paying jobs require at least a bachelor's degree and many times a master's or PhD.
Compare These Top-Rated Accredited Colleges For Online Associates Degrees...
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Associate of Science in Health Administration Services
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Project Management
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology - Software Systems Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Cyber Security Information Assurance
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Finance
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- View More Online Schools
Everest University Online, a Division of Everest University, makes career training convenient and accessible. With courses tailored for working students and others who need a more flexible class schedule.
About Rasmussen College
Further your education at Rasmussen College.Choose from seven schools of study including programs in business, nursing, technology, and more. You could earn your bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and help advance your career through our AcceleratED program.