- Accountants And Auditors
- Budget Analysts
- Financial Analysts
- Personal Financial Advisors
- Tax Examiners And Collectors
- Revenue Agents
- Tax Preparers
- Financial Specialists
- All Other
- Auditing Clerks
Explore the Advantages of Earning an Online Accounting Degree
Every day, thousands of individuals decide to pursue an online degree in order to advance their careers, find meaningful employment and gain stability in a less than stable economy. Online students can pursue certifications, associate degrees, bachelor's degrees and even master's degrees in accounting working around your own schedule and commitments.
Here are some of the most popular types of online accounting degrees to consider, as well as how you can benefit from these degrees.
Choose Accounting as Your College Major
There are many reasons to choose accounting as your major. While an accounting degree will allow you to become a licensed Certified Public Accountant, or CPA, it also prepares you for any career in business. Much of the curriculum in an online accounting program consists of economic principles, finance, communication and problem solving. Each of these skills will come in handy regardless of the career you choose after earning your degree.
Accounting is also a versatile subject that is in demand with healthcare organizations, government offices, financial corporations and any retail or service based business in the world. Every company needs an accountant, guaranteeing that demand will continue to grow in this field.
Choosing an Online Degree
Once you have decided that you want to pursue a career in accounting, you will need to determine which of the many different accounting programs you want to complete. An associate's degree in accounting may be the best choice if you want to complete the program as quickly as possible. An associate's degree will take just two years or less to complete and will prepare students for entry level positions.
At the next level is either the Bachelor of Arts in Accounting or the Bachelor of Science in Accounting. At the highest level are the master's degrees. These are numerous, but the most popular include the MBA in Accounting, the Master of Science in Accounting and the Masters of Accountancy.
Discover Career Opportunities in Accounting
While the most common career path after graduating with a degree in accounting is to work as a Certified Public Accountant, there are also many other potential employment opportunities. Many graduates feel that their background knowledge in business and accounting prepares them for becoming an entrepreneur and starting a company.
Other graduates will find work as managing accountants in large financial firms. A degree in accounting also prepares graduates to become auditors, either with the Internal Revenue Service or with a large corporation. Some recipients of higher level accounting degrees go on to become leaders in the world of business, and many corporations are eager to hire graduates with extensive knowledge of tax codes and wealth management.
Enjoy the Advantages of Online Learning
While a traditional degree and an online degree are essentially identical in the eyes of a future employer or hiring manager, an online degree in accounting is much more convenient and affordable for the student. Rather than commuting daily to a college campus or setting aside your career to attend school full time, students who attend online accounting programs can actually watch lectures, study and even take exams in their free time at home.
Earning your accounting degree online allows you to set your own flexible schedule and can be much cheaper than attending a traditional campus degree program.
Whether you want to earn an associate's degree to prepare yourself for an entrepreneurial position or a master's degree to earn a promotion in your accounting firm, an online degree can be a great way to get ahead in the world of accounting.
With today’s busy lifestyle, an online accounting degree is a perfect way to further your education without sacrificing existing commitments and responsibilities. An online accounting degree can help advance your education and career. Earning your degree online is an affordable and convenient solution for working adults who do not have the time to attend more traditional classes.
Types of Accounting Degrees
There are many aspects of accounting and many types of online accounting degrees available through accredited colleges and universities. Degrees can be earned online at the associate, bachelor, or masters degree level. MBAs in accounting are also attainable online. Other specializations include taxation, professional accounting, and controllership. Find out how many options are available to earn your accounting degree online from one of these accredited online colleges.
Discover Exciting Opportunities in Accounting and Auditing
The accountant of today is breaking the bounds of the traditional coat and tie persona of the profession. With new niches in the accounting and auditing fields, this industry is on the verge of incredible growth. If you have an analytical mind and a penchant for crunching numbers, accounting and auditing may be your bag.
Compare These Top-Rated Accredited Colleges For Online Accounting Degrees...
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Within 6 months of graduation, over 90% of new graduates land jobs in their fields of study.
- Offers an $18k College Completer Scholarship for transferring students who meet requirements.
- All professors hold advanced degrees, many with MBAs and PhDs.
- Classes start every 8 weeks, and curriculum is updated regularly with input from industry leaders.
- More than 85% of students receive financial aid in the form of scholarships and grants.
- Accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (HLC/NCA).
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- View More Online Schools
About DeVry University
About ITT Technical Institute
About Capella University
Capella combines outstanding academics with a supportive faculty and staff in a program designed for working adults.
An education that blends theory and practice to fuel your career
About ECPI University
Established in 1966, ECPI has been specializing in Technology, Business, and Health Sciences Education for 45 years. With campuses in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Online, ECPI offers the flexibility to get the education and skills you want on your schedule.
For More Information Call Now : 844-289-5374
About University of Miami
Founded in 1925, the University of Miami is consistently and consecutively ranked as a top 50 national university and the number one private university in Florida. With more than 15,000 students from around the world, the University of Miami is a vibrant and diverse academic community situated on several campuses located in and around the city of Miami.